PaintFest® – The Perfect Teambuilding Event
Posted by Scott Feight
From a meeting planner’s perspective, the challenge is daunting: find the perfect teambuilding project that will appeal to your entire audience. Clients are demanding and want something fresh, something impactful, and something that accomplishes a myriad of requirements.
A Foundation for Hospital Art PaintFest® event is typically a two-hour group collaboration to complete six-panel pieces of artwork that are donated to brighten a healthcare facility. Teams, up to 12 members per team, partner together to create a beautiful and colorful mural-like painting that will uplift the spirits of thousands of patients, families, and medical staffs.
Meeting planners love checklists. Here is quick rundown, in checklist format, citing the aspects of a PaintFest.
– teams bond and build relationships for approximately two hours – check
– the paintings are finished within the time period – check
– 6,000 people visit the average hospital daily; color in a dark place – check
– anyone can do it – men, women, & children; no physical limitations – check
– painting is relaxing after a long day of stressful meetings – check
– the average per person expense is flexible and reasonable – check
– the event can be indoors, outdoors; literally anywhere – check
– the PaintFest comes to you; buses to offsite locations are not necessary – check
– wrap food and beverage around a PaintFest; great pre- or post- meal – check
– the sponsor is recognized on every painting that is donated – check
– any hour of the day – from morning to evening – check
– FFHA staff can handle the setup, execution and cleanup – check
– the art can be donated to local hospitals, clinics, nursing homes & schools – check
The best question to ask your audience at the end is whether or not they would want to do it again. Every PaintFest always culminates in a resounding “yes”. The participants have a “pride of ownership” in knowing that their hands will make a lasting difference in the lives of hospital patients around the world and in their local community.
See you at the next PaintFest with a paintbrush in your hand!
Foundation for Hospital Art